“Do your practice and all is coming.” Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Tons of sympathy and words of kindness are swirling around the virtual yogasphere in honor of Guruji’s life. We spoke yesterday in remembrance of Ashtanga patriarch Pattabhi Jois, and thanks to yogi tweeter @davekennedy for alerting us, we can share with you this heartfelt tribute in slide show format created with love by Barry Silver.
Also, a message from Guruji’s Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore:
May 18, 2009
Guruji passed away today at 2:30pm (Indian Standard Time). Thank you for all your condolences and prayers. Please kindly refrain from contacting the family directly at this time.
Students may come and give respects to Guruji’s soul on Sunday, May 31, 2009 in Mysore. Venue and further details to be announced.
Event tonight, from YogaCity NYC :
- Fire Ceremony to Honor Guruji JIVAMUKTI YOGA SCHOOL 841 Broadway, 2nd floor (at Union Square) New York tel: (212) 353-0214 Sacred Fire Ceremony & Sanskrit Mantras in honor of Sri K Pattabhi Jois tonight at Jivamukti. Event will be lead by Manorama and there will be a talk by Ruth Lauer-Manenti. The ceremony is open to all. Please dress modestly and bring a shawl. 7:45 – 9:15 PM
How will you remember him? The best way we know how: practice, practice, practice
Repost and update of internet response:
- elephant journal
- Ashtanga News
- Leslie Kaminoff – eSutra blog
- Not Ending, Just Beginning by Tina Zym
- Short Yoga Journal blog post
- Barry Silver’s wonderful musical slideshow memorial
- Waylon Lewis at the Huffington Post
- The Hindu newspaper
- Drishti Blog
- Yoga Body
- Linda’s Yoga Journey
Recommended viewing: Interview with Pattabhi Jois in yoga documentary “Enlighten Up!” now even more poignant. (YogaDork review)